NDSLHA is the state professional association for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists in North Dakota. All Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists qualified to practice in North Dakota are able to become members of the Association.
NDSLHA is a non-profit organization developed to serve the following purposes:
- To foster the improvement of service provided to individuals with speech, language, and hearing impairments.
- By promoting scientific study of the processes of human communication, with special reference to speech, language and hearing;
- By stimulating investigation and prevention of disorders of human communication;
- By fostering improvement of clinical procedures with such disorders;
- By encouraging quality education for professional workers in speech-language pathology and audiology;
- By providing programs to keep practicing professionals informed of current developments in speech-language pathology and audiology.
- To act as a sounding board and unifying agent in the consideration of issues relating to speech, language and hearing in North Dakota.
- To inform the public of the speech, language and hearing services available in this state.
- To cooperate with agencies and organizations in promoting the welfare of communicatively handicapped individuals in North Dakota.
- To advocate the rights of persons with communication disorders and promote the individual and collective professional interest of the Members of the Association.
North Dakota Executive Officers & Committee Chairs
(as of March 2018)
Chair: Heather Arnt
Chair: Kellie Ellenbaum
Public School Affairs
Chair: Melissa Geitzen
Chair: Michelle Lux
Chair: Brittany Hernandez
Long Range Planning
Chair: Teresa Kyllo
Chair: Lisa Roteliuk
Chair: Teresa Anfinson
*Committee chairs receive free admission to annual convention.